My 2009:

Strong, Intuitive, Engaged, Gutsy, Loving...

Wednesday, October 8

Life is a highway...

iNSPIRATION is an interesting thing....
Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone

Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside ev'ry darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore

Where brave are free and lovers soar

Come ride with me to the distant shore

We won't hesitate

To break down the garden gate

There's not much time left today

[Chorus:]Life is a highway

I wanna ride it all night long...

(Rascal Flats)

Yes, Life is a highway- and ours has been under construction...





Don't you hate road construction?! It's always a hassle and seems dangerous going through those lane switches and cones. Ever had a construction worker almost in your driving lane... on the freeway???!!! I have.
Nevertheless, when the construction is over, usually things are much better after completion of the projects. Such is life in my house.

No, we're not doing construction. I wish. Well, I do have the paint for the bathroom (see previous post- and no, I haven't done it yet, lol.) We HAVE been decluttering many areas of our home! 4 trips to goodwill so far for things like kids clothes they'll never fit into and scads of paperbacks that have been collecting dust at the last 3-4 homes we've lived in.

Mostly our construstion has been within our family. Kassika our oldest daughter has come home and we have so many things to talk about and talk over. There have been so many misunderstandings between us, as well as between her and Tiffany. She's learned so much in the last 16 months, and is using her knowledge to move forward. I have really enjoyed the talks we've had over the past 6weeks! I appreciate that she perseveres until I understand instead of just throwing her hands up in the air and walking away.


We have instituted Family Night into our life again. Usually on Monday nights, we will eat together a cooked main dish with raw sides (I think they're getting a taste for some of it!) and then play games or sit around the piano or watch a movie- you get the point... I think it's catching on around here! :D I love spending time with my family... We miss Will and Dad though...



I have quite the construction going on in my own life as well. I've been thinking about what is important to me, and what I spend the majority of my time doing. Funny, it doesn't work. Recently I have set goals to turn this around so that I will be doing what's important to me (helping others learn about options that can improve their health and well-being), more and more. Updates on that as things firm up...





__________________________________



On a lighter note...










Here's the Pumpkin Patch we went to on Saturday, and us on our way! We had lotsa fun. Cedar Rock has the looooooooongest hayride I've ever been on! It goes all through the woods with scarecrows dressed up and even some moving ones! They have a big corn maze too, and plenty of selection of interesting pumpkin varieties. All in all a great day!
___________________________________

Next up: Raw Chef Bryan Au comes to town 10/8/08 at 5pm! Watch for yumminess! :D








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are just as beautiful as their mama!

Changes are beautiful, even if they aren't always much fun while they are happening. Without all the construction, we'd be broken down and never changing--how dull that would be!

I'm looking forward to hearing about Bryan's visit. Give him an extra hug from me, please. ;-)

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

~Anastazia~ said...

What a lovely picture!
yes, it's so wonderful when growth & change heal some of the bridges that were crossed, & burned...God can reconcile ANY relationship, if we're willing!
I feel like my life's under construction, too, & it definately helps to weed out & let go as the changes come!
Nice blog, I'll be back to read more, but need to sleep soon!
~Anastazia~